I wasn’t sure if it was the fireplace or the house.

This year, due to the high cost of heating fuel, Mom was using the fireplace to help heat the house.

I noticed there was an unusual aroma in the house. It wasn’t really the aroma of smoke, but of burning sugar. I told mom about it plus he said it was an ancient house, plus there were several unusual aromas in it. I thought mom had once again burnt something while cooking, even though I was wrong. There were no burnt food remnants in the house, but Mom continued to use the fireplace to heat the house, even though he kept looking for the unusual aroma. When I came into the house last week, I told them it aromaed love. Something had died in the house. He looked for signs of dead mice, or other critters, but there was nothing. He finally called the heating as well as the A/C supplier and told them about the fireplace plus the aroma of something dead. The heating as well as A/C company told Mom it could be some odor bugs had gotten into the air duct, plus they had died when the oil furnace was running. That would cause a horrible stench in the house. My Mom told him my pal and I hadn’t used the oil furnace because my pal and I could not afford to use it. He said he didn’t know. Before Mom hung up, the heating as well as A/C company asked how he was heating the house. The heating as well as A/C company asked if Mom had the chimney cleaned before my pal and I started the fireplace. He said he hadn’t, but it had just been cleaned this summer. When the heating as well as A/C company said my pal and I could have had a bee’s nest in the chimney, it all made sense. First the aroma of burnt sugar, plus then, love something had died; added up to there being honey bees in the chimney.

propane boiler