Our fireplace was causing my asthma to increase.

Because of the high price of fuel for the boiler, my partner decided not to use the boiler this year and has been using the fireplace to heat the house; I’m not complaining about the fireplace, because it heated the home so well that I found it hard to sleep at night, but the only concern I had with the fireplace was when she brought in some unknown wood that smelled amazing! Unfortunately, the smell of the wood was the only thing that was amazing.

  • It was also affecting my asthma.

I was waking up out of breath and with such a blinding headache that I could not see straight. I called my pulmonologist, and she told me to use oxygen at night, although I already was, then my oxygen levels were down to 88 when I woke up with the headache. I told my partner that I thought it was the wood in the fireplace. She thought I was wrong, despite the fact that she used something else for the next two days. It was the best rest I had in over a week. I had no headaches, slept all night, and I woke up with a normal oxygen level of 99. She didn’t feel the fireplace would be the source of my headaches, however neither did I. I was gleeful my pal and I found the reason behind the headaches and my lack of oxygen, however it bummed us out. Most of the wood my pal and I had leftover for the fireplace was the wonderful smelling stuff that I was allergic to, and we’re now talking about turning on the boiler and using it for the last few weeks of winter.

Heating and air conditioning system